Monday, August 11, 2008

A bad-ass mother who don't take no crap off of nobody!

Despite a semi-crappy running week.

No. Scratch that. I am working on being positive.

I had an overall pretty darn good running week last week. It started off a little rough and my mid-week 5miler was kind of a death shuffle but on Thur I did a couple 1 mile repeats at 7mph which was pushing it a bit for me but I wanted to catch a spin class right afterwards so I had to hustle (and did!). The spin class afterwards was good too and showed me that my lungs last much longer than my legs.

On Tue I ran and did a weights class. It has been a long time since I lifted and it felt pretty good. I wasn't sore at all the next day which makes me think I didn't load heavy enough. I am going to try to go to that class regularly but it is kind of a goofy one. Am I the only one that feels like a dumbass doing the kickboxing stuff? I feel like such a dork imaginary punching, just my opinion though. Other women in the class look super hard and empowered when they do their imaginary jabbing. Myself, I am wimpy and giggly looking.

Long run #2 was really good too! I thought last week's 9miler was a fluke but my 8miles was awesome too. I did it in 1:20:40 which means 10minute miles! Schockeroo for sure. Last week I thought I had such a nice run because it was too comfortable but, for me, 6mph for 8miles is really fast and I ran on the trail which has a couple of stop lights. The one caveat I will have to mention is distance calibration; according to my bike computer and Nike+ipod it was correct but my ipod is REALLY poorly calibrated so I'm not sure it was quite right.

Still, ran for 1:20 and felt great so that is something. I got a great kick at the end too, which I never get (I walked the finishing chute at my 1st 5K, hehe).

I was slightly queasy afterwards though despite eating a few sports beans and magical running juice. I have to work on fueling properly to avoid that feeling. To me, a visit to the medical tent after a marathon would be more embarrassing than a DNF (or even a DNS).


 

Total (running) mileage for last week: 21

No comments: