2011 was such a big year, I can’t believe it is over.
We are headed to some ring in the new year with a few friends in not too long so this will be bullet style.
- I got married!
Wow, this one is pretty amazing. I am beyond thrilled to be married to such a great guy but the thing about the actual wedding that I just can’t get over is how supportive and loving our friends and family were for the whole time we were engaged. I have never felt as loved or as lucky as I did on our wedding day. I used to not really have an opinion about whether people should or should not get married/have a full blown wedding but now I have to say if you have found the person you want to spend your life with the DO IT. Everyone (even those who don’t couple) deserve to feel the way I did on my wedding day. Being on this side of the altar has changed my view of weddings and I can’t wait to attend one now.
- I gave up blogging. Sorry about that. I am going to try to be better in the new year.
- M and I decided we were going to TTC. This feels really black box and open ended and VERY SCARY but I was pretty ambivalent about kids…then I found a partner who makes me feel strong and capable and excited about the idea of raising a child or two. I can’t imagine doing this with anyone else so I am ready to give it a go. My mom gave me this book for Christmas…ha!
- I ran two half marathons (yuck!) and did the 3-day walk (yay!).
I feel like fitness was SO VERY MUCH on the back burner for the past year and that must change. I hate to admit that I fell into the newlywed nine trap but I did. Big time. My #1 intention this year is to take care of my body so hopefully that will help some of this unfortunate weight go away.
- I got a niece!
I am so excited to see who she turns into and how very spoiled my mom will make her.
- I did not kill anyone at work.
It was close though. Stress is high and times are rough. This area brought me a ton of grief this year and I need to work on fixing it in 2012.
- My mom got sick and is still trying to get better.
If anyone has ideas on how I can help in this arena, I am all ears.
- I read a TON.
Thanks to bus riding and a glorious honeymoon I read a lot this year and got to remember how good it feels to read a great book. I am looking forward to keeping up this habit!
- I went to both a new country and a new place in WA this year (I steal this one from DSF)
We went to the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon and it was basically the most relaxing time EVER. There will be more beach vacations in our future.
M also took me to Leavenworth for my birthday this year. Super goofy.
- I turned 30.
No too big a deal honestly. I like where I am…though sometimes I am surprised when I hear myself saying I’m 30
- I attempted to do something about my hair.
After both a Brazillian blowout and a keratin treatment I still feel like my hair is crazy. Not sure what the next step will be here.See below at DSF’s wedding…still pretty darn curly, right?
In summary, this year has been so full and mainly of really great things. Because I am a nut I sometimes get scared of the new year after a really great one…cause how can this much goodness hold up for any longer. But I guess the best I can do is work on the things I can control and ride out the rest.
Happy New Year!