But I still have to say how well diapering is going this time!
It took me a bit longer to get into a real rhythm. Honestly because it took me a while to figure out regular laundry for the four of us (we were a disaster- generally messy and newly potty trained two year old who changed undies multiple times per day for the hell of it- newborn with bodily fluids coming out every which way-.me with similar fluid issues). Plus the diapers I settled on for Andrew didn't fit well on newborns.
So at first I just used them when I had them and didn't stress too much.
By mid/late March things started to clear up. Miranda began to fit into the diapers that make up the majority of our stash, I had a good laundry routine going and we'd found a daycare willing to accommodate.
Since then it has been totally smooth sailing!
Here are the reasons I think this is so:
1. No learning curve this time. Michael and I are both well trained and know the routine. We're both pretty pleased with ourselves on how few leaks we've had.
2. I am taking a pretty relaxed approach.i had started to get frustrated that I couldn't get the absorbency right for nighttime but instead of killing myself over it we just use a paper diaper at night. This also lets me slather her booty with whatever cream I want overnight which helps keep her little chubby thighs happy.
3. Andrew broke in the diapers absorbency wise (the elastics are also a bit loose so that's a bummer). All of the natural fiber diapers and inserts have been washed a million times and are super thirsty.
4. I know how to use a cover and I'm not afraid to do it. I have to send an intact diaper to daycare but on the weekends I now can use covers and this greatly reduces my laundry burden.
5. This baby only poops once a week or so. Makes laundry nice.
I'm so excited that it is going so well so far. I'm not sure why it is a thing I enjoy but it is.
Maybe it's because of this cuteness
Damn he was adorable.