Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Swim, yes please




This was me on saturday! But with a less awesome swim cap. I braved the torrential downpour and went out (to an indoor pool in Seattle) for my swim of the year.

Yay/for-shame Amber!

It was pretty good. I am a touch slow but not as bad as I may have expected. I did workout one on my team in training OYO swim workout sheet. It wasn't much yardage but a few sets of 200's on an interval was a good reintroduction to the pool.

The downside is that the closest pool isn't terribly close and it isn't a regulation length. The nearest real pool is all the way in Seattle. This is feeling challenging with my bus commute.

I need to either drive one day per week or figure out how I can pack the minimal essentials to not be a frozen-chlorine smelly-starving Popsicle for the bus ride home.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: