Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Cheated on My Treadmill

I was not the most disciplined when it came to eating on this business trip but I am proud of myself for activity.

I shredded every day I was there AND I ran on Tuesday night. There was an intermittent sheet of ice and/or 3 feet of snow piled on the sidewalks (not to mention we worked all of the daylight hours and the central district in Cambridge is semi-sketchy) so running outside didn’t happen. Instead I used the treadmills in the gym.


WOW

What a difference. The machine was so sturdy and solid and QUIET. I don’t think I love my treadmill any less but I certainly felt the difference. And I realize that my machine only has one (maybe two ;) ) users whereas gym TM’s have to deal with much more traffic. Mine has been an amazing addition to my life and I appreciate it…but WHOA was that hotel one sturdy. I just hope my TM doesn’t find out that I was running around behind its back.

2 comments:

Titanium Spork said...

Good job on getting the workouts in while on the road. What did you end up doing for hand weights?

Jake said...

LOL, you are funny. I think you find one of the common differences between home treadmills and gym treadmills(commercial treadmills). Keep going, you treadmill won't mind at all.