Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Cheated on My Treadmill

I was not the most disciplined when it came to eating on this business trip but I am proud of myself for activity.

I shredded every day I was there AND I ran on Tuesday night. There was an intermittent sheet of ice and/or 3 feet of snow piled on the sidewalks (not to mention we worked all of the daylight hours and the central district in Cambridge is semi-sketchy) so running outside didn’t happen. Instead I used the treadmills in the gym.


WOW

What a difference. The machine was so sturdy and solid and QUIET. I don’t think I love my treadmill any less but I certainly felt the difference. And I realize that my machine only has one (maybe two ;) ) users whereas gym TM’s have to deal with much more traffic. Mine has been an amazing addition to my life and I appreciate it…but WHOA was that hotel one sturdy. I just hope my TM doesn’t find out that I was running around behind its back.

2 comments:

The Devil's Starchy Fingers said...

Good job on getting the workouts in while on the road. What did you end up doing for hand weights?

Jake said...

LOL, you are funny. I think you find one of the common differences between home treadmills and gym treadmills(commercial treadmills). Keep going, you treadmill won't mind at all.