Saturday, October 16, 2010

28...

Well, it is my 29th birthday (really). I think the reason people feel so much attachment to their 20s is because SO MUCH big life stuff tends to happen.

I guess I'll save waxing poetic about all of my life choices and their results until next year when my 20s are officially over.

Right now I am just so grateful for all the people I have in my life this year. I won't lie, it has been a doozy.

As I type, I'm on a plane with my sweetie heading for America's Finest City (and my childhood stomping grounds) on a SURPRISE weekend trip (he seriously didn't tell me until we were at airport parking!).






And I have never been more excited/touched. I can't wait to have a great SD weekend with my love (who also happens to be my fave travel buddy!). But I also can't wait to come home. While I could forgoe the work aspect of it all (they're majorly bugging me) I love my life and feel like there are so many good things to look forward to. People I love getting married (dsf!) and having babies(E!), my nutty nephews getting bigger and cooler, my sweetie and I figuring out the life we want together. I should probably expect some really crappy stuff too but I'll take a bit of that if the reward is even a fraction of as good as I've had before.

I'm not sad to see 28 go; too much stress, fear and too much sadness. But (as Captain Practical reminds me) there have been wonderful things too. We shacked up, my mom is getting better, Speedy got married. Good stuff.

So bring it 29.
I'm ready

Well, give me this one weekend please.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Up in the air!

2 comments:

socalohana said...

How awesome!! You sooo deserve such a wonderful surprise!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Titanium Spork said...

Did he pack your suitcase for you and everything? Dang, that is awesome. What a fabulous surpirse!

Don't fret about your last year of the 20s. Pretty much everybody I know has enjoyed their 30s more. I know I have. So, enjoy this year and all the excitement it will bring and know that the next decade will be even better.

Happy (belated) birthday chica!