Wednesday, October 7, 2009

1/2M: week 4

OK, week 4 is in the bag and it was marginal. My excuse is that I have been having all sorts of aches and pains that I am blaming on 1) Jillian's 30day shred and 2) That damn HILL OF DEATH in front of the Captain's house. My right leg in general has been a PITA; the tweaky knee, aching ankle and, most recently, pretty strained shins. So I took it a bit easy early last week but ramped up to a not too shabby week.

I guess to be fair I have to also mention that it is birthday season for the loved ones in my life and eating/celebrating has taken precedence over running/training.

Here's the breakdown:

Week of 9/27

  1. Fashionably Flexible: Long runs on Fri, Sat OR Sun - whatever day works best for me. All good here, got in a lovely 7-miler on Saturday
  2. Weak Weekdays: Only 3 times per week MAX and not over 5/6 miles. No need to go out and get injured. I was feeling achy and so I went a bit easy in the early part of the week only really got in 1 weekday run.
  3. Cerebral Caloric Intake: If you remember I gained weight on my first marathon, but I was a svelte sister on my 2nd one. Gotta watch what goes in the pie hole. This area is exciting but sucky, The Captain and I decided to pull ourselves out of the depths of "too-much-in-love-to-watch-what-we-eat" and try to be a bot better. (on a related note, we got Top Pot donuts on Saturday…those are the tastiest things ever…how've I lived here 3 years without knowing?)
  4. Luscious Longies: 3 runs of 20+ plus miles, maxing out at 22 miles. Not there yet
  5. Yoga Yahoo: Continue to do Bikram at least 2 days a week - aiming for 3 Crosstrain. Had a pretty good long swim. Man, swimming long is tough for me right now!
  6. Healthapotamus: I pretty much suck at remembering to wear that darn HR strap. Ugh!

Here are the real numbers:

9/27/2009

 

4mi hills

9/28/2009

shred

 

9/29/2009

nothing

 

9/30/2009

 

long swim

10/1/2009

 

3.5 mi run

10/2/2009

 

run failure ;)

10/3/2009

 

7mi run

10/4/2009

 

roller-skating with the nephs (not really a workout though)

No comments: