Friday, April 22, 2016

Ugga Mugga

I developed a new love the past few months. 

I LOVE me some Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. It is so damn cute.

And a Facebook friend pointed out one reason why. They use silly jingle-like mantras to help them get through life. WE DO THAT! And it probably was what made it cute at first. 
Over time though I love how sweet and sincere Daniel is. He is sweet and silly. He shares his feelings. He isn't perfect but he tries and he's learning. He reminds me of my Andrew. They both are often without pants. 

Actually the Tiger family has so many similarities to our family. It is Daniel and his Mom and dad and their new baby Margaret. Mom and dad are typical modern day parents- dad tiger wears baby Margaret in a carrier. They seem to genuinely love each other and playing together. 

The episode where baby Margaret was born made me cry. Seeing (in a 100% positive light) the addition of a new baby through little Daniel's eyes. 

I'm fully in the DT club. Since it is pbs there isn't the merch that Disney or Nickelodeon shows have, which works for me. It means any DT merch we get is special and I'm not bombarded everytime we walk through a store. 

I did buy the most awesome cookie cutters off etsy after Daniel made trolley cookies for the neighborhood. The plan is to make cookies for our neighbors but my social anxiety is preventing the implementation. 

I absolutely dreaded introducing tv shows to Andrew - lame shows, whining about more tv time, unwanted ear worms. But while there is whining at times and the little jingles are certainly ear worms, I think DT is warm, charming and helpful and I'm happy to have him in our house. 

Ugga Mugga!
Daniel, it's you I like. 


No comments: