Friday, April 22, 2016

Husband award

Michael gets a spouse award for our trip.

It was five days in sunny Southern California which can be titled "Andrew and Miranda Tour 2016"

We stayed with family friends. In a kids bedroom. The four of us, one full sized bed, one pack and play and one dockatot. 
It was tight. And lacked the couple time we usually love on vacation.

But it did have a pool, a trampoline and a makeshift construction site. So basically it was a resort. And we could utilize the amenities during naptime which was a bonus. 
(I love this picture)
But the real reason for his reward was the sheer number of people who wanted to see us (if I'm honest the order went they wanted to see the kids, then me and then Michael). 
Day 1: our hosts. 

Day 2: my oldest childhood friend and her daughters in the morning. 


My only slightly less old childhood family/friends at a birthday party bbq that night. 

Day 3: my college friend's wedding. 

Day 4: my college roommate and her kids. 

Day 5: swim, pack, fly. 

It was not the most relaxing vacation ever. Many, many California highways were traversed in annoying traffic. For him it also meant sitting in the noisy seat, handling the kiddos at meals, chatting up the strangers at our table at the wedding and otherwise being the uncomfortable one so that I could talk and catch up with folks. It feels really good to have finally introduced my family to these important people. He made it happen and made it easier for me which i truly appreciate. 


No comments: