Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I could just pin myself II

This may very well already be super duper Pinterest fodder. Truth be told that site has gotten to be all triple-Oreo-Nutella-ice cream-brownie-cupcakes and clean-eating-paleo recipes and it gives me whiplash so I am rarely there.

But I wanted to make an intricate snack box for Andrew for our flights. He loves opening and closing containers and doors and latches. And he loves snacks. Well, his parents are mean and never buy good snacks except for when traveling. He loves travel snacks.

I tried to figure out a good container for my little project. I thought about a pill divider but realized that sends a terrible message and would get some looks on the plane. After searching the amazon I narrowed in on a small tackle box. It was only a few bucks but when it arrived I was disappointed by the size- teeny tiny.

I didn't have time to order a new one and didn't see anything workable in stores so I went with it. I got mini rice crackers, freeze dried blueberries, freeze dried bananas, cheerios and gerber yogurt melts (toddler crack).

By weight the full container had one ounce of snacks in it.



With this in hand (and refills ready to go) we set out for austin.

It worked pretty well. Andrew liked picking which door to open and it slowed down his inhalation of food. He had obvious preferences and completely rejected his old pal cheerio.




It was even handy while on the trip. We set out a blanket in the hotel for snack time and he knew to sit on the blanket to pick out and eat his snack.




Removing those pesky cheerios

By the flight home no amount or type of snack was interesting enough but the tackle box still bought us a small distraction.



sunset on the horizon is interesting but I'm losing my mind

Going forward I want to look for a box that's a little bigger and with doors he can work himself. All in all though we were pretty glad to have this in our travel tool box.

Travel item failures: foam blocks and infant magic markers-- actually both of these wound up as snacks also.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: