- I am never far from a workout.
- I don't have to battle inclement weather
- I can run at night
- I have a SWEET setup with a TV!
- I am meeting more commitments to myself
- I love the control panel and the built in speaker with iPod jack
- I get to spend more time at home with my sweetie (even if it is closed away in the other room)
- It is a tad loud, I feel embarrassed/bad that poor M has to listen to a herd of elephants trampling in the other room .
- Doing more than 5miles on this guy is tough
- The calorie counter is ridiculously off. Basically it is laughably high
- I make more excuses about workout times and put it off until later in the evening than outdoor runs
- I have started excluding other forms of exercise because I don't feel the need to go to the gym
Overall, I adore my little setup and am kicking myself for not getting one and cramming it in my apartment. I feel good about going with the more basic model. It does what I need it to do and most importantly, it feels sturdy and hasn't had any issues with skipping which was my biggest concern. It is definitely basic but it has all the functionality I need.
The cons are mostly my actions (well, except for the volume, that I'm not sure I can do anything about) and I will work on fixing those in time. Today for example, I told myself I'd go for a run outside and then fiddle-farted around until it got dark. So I hit the treads. Next weekend I'll do better.
One upcoming concern is that I am going to start taking the bus into work which I think will make after work gym time feel even worse. Not sure what my game plan will be for that one.
But it is awesome going for a jog in the comfort of home. It is our 1.83 anniversary (go ahead and mock there Starchy) so we used that as an opportunity to cook the turkey breast that had been in the freezer. So while I ran tonight I could smell the turkey cooking. It was awesome!
I am extremely glad we have a long weekend coming up. Just have to make it through this full week. I am thankful for a few days off but that is the least of all I have to be thankful for this year.