Thursday, July 8, 2010

Flying Wheels

Gosh, it has been forever since I posted. And so much stuff to report!
My sweetie and I did the Flying Wheels ride (brought to us by Cascade Bicycle Club). We did the 25mi route which goes around Lake Sammamish with a seemingly strange detour over to Newport area of Bellevue. It was my first ever bike group ride and didn't know what to expect.










We got all setup the night before. We had stocked up on tubes and I bought a manual pump (after my incident at Issaquah). I packed a small backpack with snacks and cue sheet and phone and more snacks :)



As we were getting our gear in order the morning of El Cap noticed that he had a hole in his tire and his tube was pushing out of it. YIKES! Luckily I had an old tire that I had changed out and saved. We got it put on and headed to the ride.



Bonus of it was that our starting slot was between 10-11am. The start was quiet and uncrowded. We'd parked away from the start site and rode into the start.




A few pics later and we were on the road.




I like bike rides!











It was cool having so many other riders on the street and there was an AWESOME spread at the pit stop.











We finished pretty damn strong and packed a picnic lunch and headed out to the Kirkland Waterfront. I am VERY excited to do more group rides, that was a good morning!



No comments: