Wednesday, September 30, 2009

AAAAAHHHHHH! (1/2m WEEK 2)

So, pretty decent week for running and then

WE

CRASHED

OUR

BIKES.

The Captain broke his arm! Bike safety was always what scared me about triathlon and I was right…it was scary! That full story will come shortly and it is becoming less traumatic with time and now that he is doing so much better but, holy smokes! Not fun AT ALL!


As for that week of training:

It started out pretty good and then went down (literally, hehe)

Week of 9/14

  1. Fashionably Flexible: Long runs on Fri, Sat OR Sun - whatever day works best for me. This didn't work very well I guess since on Sunday I decided to go for a bike ride in place of my long run so I didn't get my long run in. It was OK since the "long run" was still only 6miles. So I was going to get them in on Monday…then we crashed L
  2. Weak Weekdays: Only 3 times per week MAX and not over 5/6 miles. No need to go out and get injured. I did fine during the week actually, even got in an actual tempo run!
  3. Cerebral Caloric Intake: If you remember I gained weight on my first marathon, but I was a svelte sister on my 2nd one. Gotta watch what goes in the pie hole. Meh, it was OK
  4. Luscious Longies: 3 runs of 20+ plus miles, maxing out at 22 miles. Not there yet
  5. Yoga Yahoo: Continue to do Bikram at least 2 days a week - aiming for 3 Crosstrain. Well, we went for a bike ride…that ended in tragedy (less than tragic but still WAY SCARY)
  6. Healthapotamus: I'd been pretty good about using G$

Week numbers:

9/14/2009

shred

9/15/2009

shred

3mi run

9/16/2009

shred(interrupted by phone call)

speedwork

9/17/2009

shred

3mi

9/18/2009

shred

3mi

9/19/2009

3 mi hills (Hal said to do 4miles)

9/20/2009

12mi hill bike ride (accident)




1 comment:

choala yummy said...

Gah! I'm just now catching up on some reading, but my gosh! What a bad bike crash! Hope all is better now!