Saturday, August 15, 2009

M2:week1

So. I'm on track to have done week one of Hal's novice M program.
I believe this is because it is the easy week :) But I'll take it.

Now for how I've done on the rules:

1. Fashionably Flexible: Yep! Did my long run on Friday evening. Just because it was nice out and I was feeling good.

2. Weak Weekdays: Not bad. I only wound up at the gym late one night because I'd put off running until very late.

3. Cerebral Caloric Intake: FAIL. Let me just say that there were far too many almond croissants involved AND I have been on a chain eating bend. I think it's getting better though. I grocery shopped and now have the tools I need to eat a decent, home cooked meal most meals of the week. I even succeeded in making soup!

4. Luscious Longies: 3 runs of 20+ plus miles, maxing out at 22 miles. Not there yet. But I had a great 6miler (the longest run week 1). I kept my pace between 9:30 and 10:30 (OK, sometimes 11) and it kept my heart rate steady and well under my max. I felt like I could keep running forever and I haven't felt that in a very long while.

5. Biking or swimming (or maybe light weights) at least 2x/week. I have shredded multiple times this week and am hoping to go for a ride with TheCap tomorrow.

6. Healthapotamus: Get refocused on hydration/nutrition/vitamins/supplements. This will especially mean listening to my body and not messing around with injury. Also, using the Garmin as the tool it is and being smart about my runs. Well the nutrition aspect was a disaster but I think I am learning to wear the HR monitor.


So there we are. I am still really unsure that I want to sink this much time into this but, so far, so good.

1 comment:

Titanium Spork said...

Congrats on getting so focused but isn't it a bit early to start official marathon training for a February race? I would hate for you to get burned out by adhering to a strict schedule for so many weeks. Physically I don't think it will be a problem for you but the mental drain of that many "have to do" runs for that many weeks might get to be a bit much. I came to hate my schedule and that was only for 16 weeks and for a half.

Glad you decided to take on the challenge though. Can't wait to see you annihilate your previous time!