Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My favorite day

Today is my favorite day of the year!

Election Day is a most special holiday that (usually) only comes once every 2 years. I've always take the day off of school/work because I am useless there on Election Day anyway.

I am all aflutter the entire day because there is such a spirit of togetherness (even though some sour it with dirty Election Day trickery) and a building pulse of change (whether it is the change you want to see or not). I also love it because it is the great equalizer day; we all have one vote. Do what you wish with it but on this day your one vote is your only official word.

Election Day is a great chance to reflect on what the last 2 years have brought, for you, your community, your nation, our world. The last few years have been rough to say the least but I am so looking forward to the change I envision in DC and look forward to what the next few years bring us.

Since this blog is supposed to be documenting how I fit running into the lifestyle equation I have my day planned as such:

7 am

VOTE!

X

7:15

Get into work and start my experiment

X

11:00am

Leave to GOTV in Bellevue

 

Noon-8pm

GOTV!!!

 

8-9pm

go for a run
(while watching returns)

 

9pm-?

Democrat's VICTORY party

 

?-2010

Who knows…

 


 

Good luck to us all!!

 

No comments: