Friday, May 29, 2009

That which doesn’t kill you can still be disgusting

I drink a lot of water during the day. Enough that it forces me to make lots of trips to the potty which is right outside my boss' office which has probably led to him thinking I have IBD; but I digress.

When I cleaned it out on Wednesday I saw that I had a thick layer of orange/pink, slimy flora in my bottle. EW.

How long have I been drinking bacteria water? Is it concurrent with my recent decrease in desire to drink water? Does it have anything to do with my basic sluggishness and underlying blah? Maybe not but I am running with those thoughts.


 

For the rest of this week I've bought a 1.5L bottle of water and this weekend I will ask the Captain or my mom to run it through their dishwasher.

Maybe the opaque green water bottle isn't the best for assessing cleanliness. I may be pH'ing my water from now on.


 

Fun facts:

Since very hot water is the best way to get the bottle clean, a dishwasher is recommended.

FREEZE OUT

Finally, when you take the clean drinking water bottle from your dishwasher, place it into the freezer immediately. This will keep germs from getting into the bottle. It will also keep mold from forming. When you are ready to use it, take the clean drinking water bottle from the freezer, fill, and cap.

No comments: