Monday, April 21, 2014

I could just pin myself

Ok, I am pretty pumped about the cake we built for my sister’s birthday. She likes donuts better than cake so we set out to make a donut tower.

Michael engineered the stand (which wound up being a large glass cylinder vase on top of a black catering tray) and did all sorts of math to determine the number of donuts required. I wouldn’t tell him this to his face* but he did a great job with that. I would never have bought enough donuts and his estimate was only about 6 donuts over…just enough for snacking pre-party for the decorating committee. I bought the delicious Costco round chocolate cake to go on top of the tower for cake lovers.

Then I made a pretty easy cake topper by punching out 16 on really pretty glitter paper and cardboard and gluing it all to skewers.

Finally we filled the vase with metallic fabric for some extra oomph.









It turned out very cute.

* This is a reference to The Office, of course I told him!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: