Friday, October 13, 2017

Things I've learned this year

It's my birthday on Monday.
Here's what I've learned this year:
1) I am a stupid idiot.
This time last year I was so hopeful and excited. Like a big stupid idiot. The events of the past year have shown me how idiotically blind I've been to the depth and depravity of the ills of this country and the world. I am humbled and cowed by my idiocy.

2) How to fry a dippy egg.

So, I guess this year has been a mixed bag.

Pictures of a few of the people who've been the highlights of my year.



















Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Happy (early) birthday! I remember how naively optimistic I was last year too even though I vowed to never be surprised by what my fellow citizens will do on their voting ballots. I don't see how we can emerge from these years (assuming we do emerge) without some kind of national PTSD. 0_o

BUT not only can you fry a dippy egg (!!!), you also are surrounded by some pretty awesome, happy people there. ;)