Thursday, November 17, 2011

Getting old

Ok, insert preamble about what a terrible blogger I am. I'll let you write it.

I just landed in San Diego to do the Susan G Komen 3-day walk. I felt old about two things today so far.

1. I found a gray hair. I think this will look pretty in time in my standard braid and my hair is generally unruly so that aspect doesn't bother me. This was mainly just a passing note.

2. I am getting a fear of flying in my old age. It may also have to do with being in love and feeling risk adverse for my baby family. But it sucks. I was never jumpy when there was turbulence but now I get semi panicked.

These observations make me even more grateful that Speedy convinced me to do this walk. Feels exciting to have a new experience in front of me.

60miles
3 days
(oh and camping with thousands of women for 2 nights)


Let's
Do
It


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: