Thursday, March 17, 2016

Green-a-palooza


We had such a fun day today. It was not a sure thing, I had to get a root canal yesterday and wasn't sure I'd be up to it. Sadly our friends also were under the weather and couldn't make it. Since we weren't having people over we spread the activities out throughout the day. 

In the morning we did my favorite density experiment (and just plain fun). The apple cider bottle was green but the actual liquid was more brownish. We dropped golden raisins into the cider and watched them rise and fall (until Andrew couldn't contain himself and added too many raisins). 

Since it was a miraculously sunny day we decided to check out a park I'd been hearing about. Kelsy Creek Farm is a city park which has a working farm. It was awesome. We saw sheep, goats, pigs, horses, chickens, bunnies and a barnyard cat. Plus there was a sandbox with large dump trucks to play with. We will be back soon!
Then we went shopping for our green dinner. Andrew and I picked out all sorts of green foods. He picked the watermelon- I approved it since the rind is green. I've been looking forward to a color meal with my own baby for years. This is something I used to do when I babysat so I was excited to do it with my Andrew. We will certainly be doing that again soon too. 
After a nap we mixed colors. Full disclosure we also had red- because while making green is fun we also wanted to be able to make purple and orange. 
Then before Michael came home Andrew hid shamrocks for a treasure hunt- which he wound up finding the majority of the shamrocks...which he'd hid. 
Dinner of green shepards pie, brocolli and watermelon and mint chip for dessert. 

It was a super fun day. We missed our guests but it was still a good time the 3/4 of us. 

St Patrick's day isn't a biggie for me but it was fun having green day with my family. 

No comments: